- Seals the TGV housings after motors, sensors, and butterfly valves are removed.
- No need to send housings out for welding - perfect for DIY
- New design replaces the butterfly-shaft seals. Designed for 500+psi, tested to 120 psi.
- Includes block-offs for TGV motors & sensors, stainless hardware, and instructions.
- Fits all Subaru Engines (model years 2002 thru 2006 or 2007) with tumbler generator valves (TGV's)
- Impreza WRX ('02 thru '07)
- Impreza WRX STI ('04 thru '06)
- Legacy GT ('05 & '06)
- Forester XT ('03 thru '07)
- Deleting TGV (tumbler generator valves) is not emission legal.
- For offroad use only!
- CEL codes will need to be turned off in the ECU. Consult your tuner or EM supplier.
Basic Installation Instructions (for each side):
1) Remove the TGV motor and discard.
2) Remove the TGV sensor and discard.
3) Drill out the screws that hold the TGV butterfly plates to the shaft (~ 1/8").
4) Use pliers to slide the butterfly plates out of the shaft.
5) Carefully tap the shaft out of the housing from the small end.
6) Gently pry the shaft seals out of both ends and discard.
7) Clean up the shaft seal bore with the supplied maroon Scotchbrite.
8) Install the new o-ring plugs in both ends.
- A little thumb pressure is normal to get them to seat in the bore.
- The plugs should be about flush with the ends of the housing.
9) Install the new cover plates on both ends with the supplier hardware.
10) Optional is to grind away the port dividers and blend the ports.